Thursday, July 10, 2008

The American Bicycle

So it happened, I spent a week riding bicycles with my family. As we rode our bikes for 30 K a day, my transmission began to make some funny sounds. My dad tried to fix it (he just didn't see that he was tightening my breaks instead of the transmission wire), but for some reason's to him unknown, it would not get better (well, at least the breaks became more sensitive ;)
Well, so we are riding through this really nice field with flowers around and my transmission keeps clicking without a break. And now my aunts rides up to me and says, 'Why are you changing gears all the time?' Well I did not know I was changing them, in fact they were changing without me doing anything! So, I am explaining this to my aunts and she goes, 'Well, you have to have it the American way, don't you?' So yes, I had an American bike with fully automatic transmission, anybody's jealous?


PS: My dad eventually managed to tighten the right wire one day before the vacation ended.

No comments: